Bessey’s GearKlamp does the work of a standard F-style clamp—in places most typical clamps can’t access. With its patented bar-mounted handle and internal gear mechanism, GearKlamp provides added clearance, so you can work in confined areas. Coming soon to KMS Tools!
Bessey GearKlamp: Advantages
When using conventional F-style screw clamps, handles can get in the way, limiting access to narrow spaces and preventing you from placing the clamp in the right spot. Also, when clamping near an adjacent surface, it’s not always possible to get a proper grip on the handle. This reduces the amount of force you can apply.
Not so with GearKlamp. Because its handle is built over the bar, it remains outside your workspace. So you can position GearKlamp close to adjacent surfaces or in narrow, partially enclosed areas and apply its full clamping force with ease. This is possible with GearKlamp’s patented gear-actuated clamping spindle. When you turn the handle, the gears adjust the spindle at the end of the arm, and the self-aligning pressure pad swivels into position. The correct position.
A unique clamping solution for close-quarters and confined spaces, Bessey GearKlamp delivers fast action and secure clamping force up to 450 lbs.
- Patented mechanism separates spindle from handle for greater clearance
- Fully enclosed gear train keeps out dust and debris
- Quick-release shift button for fast set up
- Pressure pad swivels and self aligns on workpiece
- High-quality two-component ergonomic handle
- Durable reinforced clamping arms
- Hardened and tempered cold-drawn steel rail
- V-grooved anvil for clamping round parts
- Non-marring caps for delicate workpieces
Bessey GearKlamp will be available August 2018 in the following sizes:
|Model Number||Capacity||Throat Depth||Clamping Force||Approx. Weight|
|GK15||6″||2 3/8″||450 lbs||1.36 lbs|
|GK30||12″||2 3/8″||450 lbs||1.60 lbs|
|GK45||18″||2 3/8″||450 lbs||1.85 lbs|
|GK60||24″||2 3/8″||450 lbs||2.09 lbs|